Chama Cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) is an autonomous, not for profit, non-political voluntary national NGO providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education, information and services in Tanzania. UMATI was established in 1959 as a Family Planning Association of Dar es Salaam. (UMATI) has developed a comprehensive range of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services for the Tanzanian people; and runs an extensive program on SRH& Rights which include youth program, clinic and outreach work, and community based including home-based care and support for people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), HIV and AIDS prevention, screening and treatment, infertility counseling and other SRHR services.
UMATI is looking for an experienced, self-driven, and dynamic and result oriented individual who is keen to develop a career in a dynamic, passionate and challenging environment. The successful candidate will be part of the UMATI senior management team.
Position Title: Head of Finance:
Duty Summary: Under general direction, reports to the Executive Director and is based in Dar es Salaam. The role aims to ensure the overall effective financial management and reporting for UMATI Board (on behalf of the management) and actively contribute towards the financial planning and strategic growth of the organization as a key member of the Strategic Management Team.
· Overall in-charge of all the finance functions in the Association including training and supervising finance staff
· Providing finance expertise/advice to board members, audit committee, and senior management team
· Developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures and that all statutory requirements such as timey payment of PAYE etc. are met
· Developing and maintaining financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
· Ensuring maintenance, security and up to-date inventory of the Association’s properties and assets
· Preparation of the Annual Budget to oversee the implementation of approved programmes and monitoring its implementation to ensure that both the income and expenditure budgets are always within the approved levels
· Reporting periodically/quarterly to the Association’s Executive Committee implementation of the plan giving reasons for any deviation from the approved budget
· Prepare regular reports to external stakeholders and the Association Executive Committee on the progress of actual expenditure and income compared to budget and making recommendations for balancing level of income and expenditure
· Managing the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
· Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
· Managing external audits by among other things preparing all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board's Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
· Overseeing that supporting information for all financial transactions are accurately documented and properly maintained
· Overseeing the processing and timely submission of statutory and staff benefit remittances
· Providing advice on appropriate technology that meets the organization's information requirements and financial resources
· Recommend effective and efficient financial systems and development plans to coincide with strategic objectives
· Reviewing and authorizing transactions/payments including being an authorized bank signatory
· Maintaining a sound accounting system and safe keeping of all supporting records to ensure an effective system of control is operating
· Primary responsibility for the development and improvement of the SAGE ERP 300 computerized accounting system in use at UMATI.
· Ensuring that financial expenditure and revenue is monitored against approved budgets and financial targets and to ensure timely corrective action is taken where necessary
· Ensure proper training of staff under his jurisdiction
· Attending to any other duty as may from time to time be assigned by Executive Director
Holder of CPA (T) or its equivalent and registered by the National Board of Accountants and Auditors, A minimum of 7 – 8 years hands on experience in Accounting & Finance with at least 5 years’ experience at Managerial level. Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Finance will be an added advantage. We are looking for someone with experience in using SAGE ERP 300 (formerly ACCPAC)
The closing date is December 1st, 2017- 16:00 hrs.
We will only respond to short listed candidates.