Registered Nurse (2 Posts)
Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) is an autonomous, not for profit, non-political national NGO providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information, education and services in Tanzania. UMATI was established in 1959 and is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF); recently re-accredited by IPPF in 2015.
A Tanzanian where people are free to choose and exercise their SRHR without discrimination.
To champion SRHR and provide information and services targeting the young and the undeserved.
Position: Registered Nurse: TWO (2) POSITIONS
Reporting to: Clinic In-charge
Location: Songea and Moshi
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:-
· Providing nursing care to clients.
· Provide in reach and outreach integrated SRH services
· Provide Doctor with timely update on clients progress and advise on nursing care as appropriate.
· Giving educational health on family planning and safe motherhood to the community;
· Conducting maternal child health (MCH) care and family planning services in the community.
· Administering drugs and other treatment prescribed by Clinical/Assistant Medical Officer.
· Keep records and provide accurate and timely reports as required.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Holder of Ordinary Diploma in Nursing (NTA Level 6) and enrolled by the Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council.
· Have a current nursing license
· A minimum of two (2) years experience
· Knowledgeable on computer use especially Ms-Excel, Ms Word and Ms PowerPoint
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applications should include:-
· Letter of application with details of how you meet the desirable criteria and your reasons for wanting to apply for the post,
· A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact detail
· Curriculum vitae (CV, not more than 3 pages) including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from your most recent employers),
· A cover letter which explains reasons for applying to this post as well as your SALARY EXPECTATION,
· DO NOT include any certificates
· Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered. The application should be addressed to
Human Resource Manager UMATI
P.O. Box 1372 DAR-ES-SALAAM
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Applications received later than 29th November 2017, 1600 hrs will not be considered.