UMATI, a member of the International Planned Federation (IPPF), is a leading non-profit Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services including Family Planning and HIV/AIDS in Tanzania.
With the financial support from SIMAVI, UMATI is implementing a 1 year project (2017-2018) on Improving the Access of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Services by Integrating Family Planning and other Health Related Services through Outreach Work (ARROW PROJECT).
Position: Project Coordinator - 1 POSITION
Reporting to: Director of Programs
Duration: One year (renewable, subject to good performance)
Project Location: Geita Region
The Project Coordinator is a key member of the Programs Team and is responsible for assisting the Director of Programs in managing the project in Geita region. The main focus of the post is to support day to day project implementation, monitoring and evaluation to ensure high quality service delivery in line with government and UMATI policies and procedures and donor requirements. Also to oversees the provision of other component of the project including Gender Based Violence (GBV).
He/She will work in close collaboration with health sector partners at the subnational level (Geita RHMT and CHMT) to ensure Family Planning services are accessible to the community around the mining operation. The Coordinator will also work closely with Mwanza Zone Office in accordance to the outreach operation to deliver results.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- The development and execution of the project activities as per the approved activity plan for his/her area of responsibility. S/he is also responsible for contribution to designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on the progress of the project activities.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Programs, with dotted line to the respective clinic In Charge - Mwanza on a day to day basis who has oversight of all programmes and operations in the area.
- Ensuring planning, development, implementation and administration of the project with accountability for the overall delivery of results.
- participating in preparing and maintaining project plans, including documentation, budgets , implementation, training and communication.
- Developing best practices and tools for project execution, coaching, mentoring and management.
- Ensuring timely and adequate reporting against the work plan, including providing timely and articulate progress reports.
- Ensuring integrity of financial and administrative operations in the program area by oversight of financial and budgetary aspects of the project.
- Schedule meetings, including site selection, travel arrangements, preparing meeting materials, presentation developing agendas, preparing minutes in support of assigned projects, distributing meeting materials and tracking meeting attendance.
- Support the outreach team to maintain and develop partnerships with District Health Teams and related organizations and stakeholders in accordance with UMATI national strategy.
- Prepare and submit quality project reports (financial and narrative) accordingly and or as required by UMATI and the donor.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and donor.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications, Experience Requirement
- A successful candidate must possess a University Degree in Public Health, Sociology, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Community Development/ Social Work or Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- At least three (3) years experience working with Community Based Sexual Reproductive Health Related Projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) business development process activities.
- Analytical, strong decision making skills, sound judgment and problem solving abilities.
- Volunteers management (Peer Educators, outreach workers including Community Health Workers)
- Scientific writing skills as s/he will be required to conduct a number of operational researches and write abstracts for publications.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and result-oriented approach .
- possession of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations.
- Proficient in computer packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Graphics and Internet browsers.
- Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts (including MoHSW, DHMT staff, NGOs, FBOs and CBOs).
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to travel up to 70%.
Applications should include:
- Letter of application with details of how you meet the desirable criteria and your reasons to apply for the post also explain about your salary expectation.
- A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact details.
- Curriculum vitae (CV, not more than 3 pages) including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from your most recent employers).
- DO NOT ATTACH ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES
- Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager,
P.O. Box 1372,
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later than 7th August 2017 will not be considered.
UMATI is an Equal Opportunity Employer